Wednesday 31 August 2011

New lens

When shooting the for the 'sequence of composition' exercise in Manchester over the weekend I was frustrated that I couldn't reach for a lens with a greater focal range. Up until now my Sigma 55-200 was the furthest I could get.

Yes, greater focal length would have been ideal for some of the F1 car shots, but this wasn't the source of the frustration. I'd never considered using a lens with a long focal length for candid street shots, and it was this inability to get close enough to subjects that caused me to consider purchasing another lens.

So having read some reviews of the performance of current lenses (at a reasonable price) I opted for an old Minolta 75-300 f/4.5-5.6 lens - 16 years old in fact - for a mere £72.

The FA Cup arrives in Ramsbottom on Friday where Ramsbottom United take on Salford City in a preliminary round of the competition. I'll be taking my new lens and turning my hand to sports photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages