Tuesday 6 March 2012

Conclusions: Exercises eighteen, nineteen and twenty

I found this series of exercises surprisingly challenging to begin with as it took me a while to ‘tune in’ and deconstruct scenes and observe their component parts. The subsequent challenge was to then find and compose interesting images, which in the main I believe I have.

It’s fascinating the traits that each type of line brings to an image and I’ve noticed that since the exercise I can’t stop seeing lines within a scene!

The biggest lesson learned was that of selecting an appropriate orientation for the scene. Before the exercises I’d have assumed that shooting with the lines (e.g. shooting horizontals in landscape) would have accentuated the traits of the respective line types but the images of the multi-storey car park and the people at the bus stop go to show otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages